In the last issue of Country Living there was a nice little article about a Vermont maple syrup farm and the family who has been running it for generations. The article also included many maple syrup infused recipes. Do you think that the family is like Buddy from Elf, putting maple syrup on the spaghetti?I saw the recipe for sour cream pancakes and immediately whipped out my griddle. Now you may remember I just found a new pancake recipe that replaced my old Bisquick standby. Well I may have a recipe to replace that one.
I cut this recipe down to a third when I made it. Even when I did that, the recipe still called for a cup of sour cream, which I thought was a lot. I did not cook them in butter but just used some cooking spray instead. But the pancakes were so, so good! There was not much of a sour cream flavor but they were buttery and tender but thick. I gave Baby Gordy some pancake (his first ever) and he loved it!
This will be my new go-to pancake recipe, as long as I have enough sour cream!
Here is the link:
Sour Cream Pancakes
Note: I did not make the maple-pecan butter but I'm sure it would be delicious.
pics to follow
No comments:
Post a Comment