Thursday, February 16, 2012

Spinach Cheese Swirls

I saw a picture for these spinach cheese swirls in a Pepperidge Farms magazine ad.  I checked out the web site, found the recipe, and have made them twice.  I really enjoy working with the frozen puff pastry because it makes the dish seem a bit more fancy. 

This was not too hard to make.  I used feta cheese instead of the Munster and used some dried oregano too.  The hardest part was slicing it.  I tried a serated knife first but  I just made a mess.  So I ended up using a very large and very sharp knife.  It was easier to cut with that knife and not too much filling fell out.

I thought the spinach, feta and oregano combination was a good one and these appetizers were a hit!  The swirls would good with any kind of filling too, so be creative when you try these out.

Here's the link to Spinach Cheese Swirls

No comments:

Post a Comment