Friday, March 30, 2012

Soup's On!

I saw this recipe for Sweet Potato soup in February's issue of Women's Day magazine.  It looked easy enough and I love to have a bowl of soup with my lunch, so I jumped right in.  Well, I should have read the recipe before I started because it is a slow cooker recipe; not good since lunch was in about forty five minutes.


So I decided to make it a fast cooker recipe.  I only had two sweet potatoes so I thought I'd cut the recipe down a bit.  I chopped up one onion, two carrots, and two sweet potatoes (a bit less than what the recipe called for) and sauteed them in about 1 1/2 T of olive oil.  I let that cook for about 10 minutes covered on medium heat, stirring frequently.  I then added four (not six) cups of vegetable stock (not water), the ginger (3/4 t dried ginger), 1/2 of a cinnamon stick, and 1 T curry powder and let that simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.  Last, I took the pot off the heat and pureed the soup with my immersion blender. 


This soup was so good!!!!! It had a great warm and spicy curry flavor and the soup was thick and creamy.  My husband really enjoyed it too.  We did not add the yogurt or almond garnish (I didn't think it needed it).  I will definitely make this soup again, maybe even in the crock pot!



1 comment: