Thursday, April 5, 2012

Asparagus Tuna Casserole, updating a classic

looks good but I'm not sold on it
Not too long ago, I had some of my friends and their children over for a playdate. I wanted to make an easy casserole for lunch and saw this in Better Homes and Gardens and tried it out.  Now, usually, I am not a fan of tuna noodle casserole, but this recipe seemed to be tweaked a bit to make it more fresh and tasty.  Instead of a can of soup there is asparagus and olives and a creamy cheese sauce.


It was pretty easy to assemble, although it did feel like it took a while.  The cream sauce never really got thick and bubbly (but my cream sauces never do).  I just used regular tuna, not the kind packed in garlic oil and didn't add any garlic.  I thought it might be better to omit the potatoes and just use only penne, maybe the whole box instead of just one cup. 


Overall, this got some good reviews from the moms.  I think that if you like tuna noodle casserole you'd like this, but it still didn't change my opinion of tuna noodle casserole.  I don't think I'd make it again but if you do, let me know what you think!


Asparagus Tuna Casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment