Sunday, February 26, 2012

Molten Chocolate Cakes

This is just what mine looked like!
Last night I hosted a lovely little dinner party for a former co-worker and her husband and son.  I was going to make an easy cake recipe but then saw the recipe for these cakes in my binder and remembered how much I wanted to try them.


I was a little nervous because they seemed so fancy but they were easy to make.  I didn't have bittersweet chocolate, just milk chocolate, and it tasted just fine.  Actually just fine is an understatement.  These little cakes were so delicious.  I put them in the oven just as we were sitting down to eat.  We were still eating when the timer went off.  I took them out of the oven and let them cool on the stove top but I worried the chocolate in the middle would harden or just not turn out right.  


Happily, they turned out fine.  It was ooey and gooey on the inside and had a great chocolate taste and texture.  They popped right out of the ramekins too and looked so good with the powered sugar on top.  If only I had some raspberries or a mint leaf to garnish them with... next time.  Because I will be making these again and again.  They are that good!


Molten Chocolate Cake  

1 comment:

  1. Those are sure to be a favorite with the Williams side of the family! I'd like to try it too.

    ReplyDelete