Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pork Medallions with Pear

I pulled the recipe for Pork Medallions with Pear from February's issue of Good Housekeeping and tucked it away in my recipe binder.  While looking for a pork recipe this afternoon, I came across it and decided to try it out.  Although after re-reading the recipe I wasn't too sure I'd like it; it seemed too plain or something... but I went ahead and made it anyway.
This dish turned out to be a quick,
 tasty, and healthy weeknight meal!


Instead of using a 1 lb. tenderloin, I used a thick boneless pork chop sliced in half (it was probably only 6oz. total).  After sauteing the pork and removing it from the pan, I added the fennel and toasted for 30 seconds.  The aroma was so fantastic!  Since I didn't have green onion, I added about half an onion diced, a little more olive oil, and the garlic.  I let it cook for a few minutes, then deglazed the pan with the water.  I added the pear (I just had one pear that I sliced), lemon juice, and salt and let cook according to the directions then returned the pork to the pan.


Instead of cutting the recipe in half since I only had half the amount of pork, I decided to keep the same amount of each ingredient of the sauce.  That way, I would have lots of extra sauce to add to the quinoa side dish.


I was happily surprised with this meal!  I really thought that it would be a bore and the pear and fennel combo wouldn't work but it was delicious.  Gordy really liked it and Baby Gordy enjoyed the quinoa with the sauce on it.  I'll put this recipe in the rotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment