Thursday, June 7, 2012

Burritos with Bok Choy

Sorry for the month-long hiatus, Log Cabin Kitchen followers!  But I'll be getting back into the swing of things with the following recipe for Pork Burritos from rachaelraymag.com.


delicious, with pork or ground beef
On Tuesday, I received my first delivery from Dancing Hen Farm.  This is the second year I have signed up with a CSA (community supported agriculture) and couldn't wait for it to get started.  I knew I would be getting bok choy in my first delivery and wanted to try it in this burrito recipe.

There are a few things  I did a bit differently when making this.  First, since I didn't have shiitakes, I diced up the stalks from the bok choy and sauteed them with some garlic scapes that I received from the farm.  Once they had softened, I added the bok choy leaves and cooked as directed.  Even though it looks like a lot of leaves, they will be cooked down. I didn't have ground pork so I substituted ground beef.  Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly.


I loved it! The bok choy stalks added a bit of crunch and the leaves with the soy sauce were great.  The sour cream and Thai chili sauce really made the burrito; it was like a slightly sweet, slightly spicy, cool, combo.  Now, my husband said it was good, but it was not something that he'd really want or order from a restaurant menu.  Oh well, too bad for him!  I thought is was great and a terrific recipe for bok choy!

No comments:

Post a Comment