While reading my latest issue of Country Living I came across this recipe and had to try it. I thought it wouldn't be too sweet or too fancy and that it would be a good Christmas Cookie.
I tried the recipe but didn't toast the walnuts (didn't feel like it) and used crasins as well. Before I put the crasins in, I re-hydrated them with some boiling water and then drained the water and chopped the crasins.
The result was delicious. The cookies were not as crumbly as regular
shortbread and the cream cheese flavor was pronounced yet not overwhelming. They are not too sweet and were a cinch to make (especially with my new cookie scoop!). I was very happy to add the crasins but thought that pistachios would be more festive than the walnuts. I think that the red crasins and green pistachios would cry "Merry Christmas!"
Click on the link below to find the full recipe:
http://www.countryliving.com/cooking/creative-cookie-gifts?click=main_sr#fbIndex6
I took these cookies with me to visit my former co-workers. They really liked them and I saw some help themselves to seconds!
ReplyDeleteI think that this recipe is a keeper.