![]() |
| The pork before it goes in |
I followed the directions: scored the pork and rubbed it with salt, pepper, one large clove of garlic, and lots of fennel seed then it on the onions and clementines. I did not have enough time to out in the fridge over night, just for about three hours before I put it in the oven.
I'm going to roast it on low, 275 degrees, for about four hours. We'll see how it turns out!
Well, the results are in... two thumbs up. I took the pork out of the oven after about three hours. The temp on the thermometer was about 160 degrees. I let the pork rest, covered with tin foil, on the stove while I roasted carrots in the oven. Once the carrots were done, I turned off the oven and put the pork back in to keep warm while I made mushroom risotto.
I sliced the pork and served it with the onions and some of the au jus. The pork was very moist and tender. The fennel and orange flavors complimented each other very well.
I think that if I had used the shoulder, it would have been more like pulled pork, with that "fall off the bone" quality. Next time I will try it with the pork shoulder, but I that tonight's pork loin was delicious and I would recommend this recipe.

You have such good luck with recipes. mmm this looks and sounds terrific. and a change from dad's usual treatment of pork loin. Keep up the good blog.
ReplyDelete