Monday, January 23, 2012

Shepherd's Pie

there are the parsnips, in the right of the bowl




Over the holidays, my Aunt Mamie and I were talking about parsnips and I told her that I have a really good recipe for shepherd's pie with parsnips in it.  This recipe isn't new to me but I do love it, so thought that I would include it in the blog.


This recipe comes from the Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine (one of my favorites).  When I made it, I cut the recipe in half and used ground turkey instead of ground beef.  I then cut the ground turkey in half (1/2 lb. total) and substituted some frozen peas and pearl onions.


Shepherd's pie, out of the oven and ready to eat
This is such a good dish, and so easy to make.  I put it together earlier in the day while Baby Gordy was sleeping and then put it in the oven about a half hour before dinner (20 minutes at 350 degrees and then 10 minutes at 450 degrees).  


If you are not crazy about the horseradish flavor, I'm sure it can be omitted.  This is a great meal to serve during the long cold winter!


Horseradish mashed potato shepherd's pie

No comments:

Post a Comment