Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tuesday Night Dinner

Some of the risotto ingredients and recipe
Tonight for dinner I tested out two new recipes.  The main entree was maple-walnut chicken thighs (from Everyday with Rachael Ray website) with a side of butternut squash risotto (from January's Better Homes and Gardens) and peas.  










The chicken thighs simmering away
The maple-walnut chicken was very easy to make and I even toasted the walnuts this time.  Also, it was quick to prepare.  I liked it, but it was sweet.  It was almost like maple-walnut candy.  I let the sauce cook down for a while so it was pretty thick; maybe if it was a little less thick it wouldn't have been so candy-like.  I would have it again but I don't think my husband cared for it too much.






The risotto as it absorbs the broth
I had high hopes for the butternut squash risotto since I love both.  I didn't have fresh sage so I used powered, about 3/4 tsp (fresh sage would have been better).  The risotto turned out very creamy and had a great squash flavor.  I liked it but don't think that I would make it again.  I wasn't crazy about the squash/ risotto combination.  But if you like those two flavors together, then I think that you would really like the recipe.  






So all in all, a pretty good dinner but not one that I would repeat.


Maple-Walnut Chicken Thighs

Butternut Squash Risotto 


No comments:

Post a Comment