Friday, January 13, 2012

Way to Go Martha- You're Two for Two!

Oh Martha Stewart, you're so fantastic and wonderful.  You're magazine is beautiful and I love to look through the pages and get inspired.  I want to try to make all your recipes but then I look at the list of ingredients and the instructions and think, "um...no." I don't really want to cure my own bacon just so I can have a BLT.


deglazing the sauteed onions, bacon,
and thyme- I wish you could smell it
But, then on Wednesday, I saw a recipe in this month's issue of Martha Stewart Living.  It was a French recipe for Pork Sausage and White Beans.  It just so happened that I was defrosting sausage for dinner that night.  I read through the method and it was surprisingly easy.  I cut the recipe in half and used Italian sausage instead of the French garlic or bratwurst that was recommended.


This recipe was very easy to make and follow (I even made my own bread crumbs, but I'm sure store bought would work just fine).  When I reached the step where I added the thyme, I knew from the fabulous smell that I was going to have a great dinner.


almost ready for the oven
plated with a side of haricot verts
And a great dinner it was!  The dish was really fantastic!!! REALLY!!!!  The Italian sausages were good in it, but I think next time I'd like to try the French garlic sausage.  This is a great comfort food dish but can even be served for a more upscale meal.  

Tres Bon Martha!


Follow this link to the recipe:
Pork Sausage and White Beans



No comments:

Post a Comment