Monday, April 23, 2012

Crispy Honey Mustard Pork Chops

This morning I was leafing through April's Better Homes and Gardens looking for a pork recipe.  Crispy Honey Mustard Pork Chops sounded perfect for dinner tonight.  


I had boneless pork chops so I used that instead of the bone-in.  I didn't had stone-ground mustard, just whole-grain Dijon. I really didn't see much difference in the cut of pork of the mustard choice.  It was very easy to prepare.  I used my cast iron skillet since I was only cooking two pork chops and was able to transfer that to the oven to finish off.  I almost forgot to add the panko bread crumbs at the end (since I was chatting away on the phone).  I didn't have onion powder or marjoram, so I just sprinkled some panko on by itself.


I thought this recipe turned out very well.  The pork chops were a little dry, but I will blame chatting on the phone for that.  The recipe does call for a half-inch thick chop and that is what I used tonight, but I really think that it should have been thinner.  Next time I will slice the meat in half to make two thin chops instead of one thick one.  I think that the onion and marjoram would have been nice, but I couldn't tell they were missing.  Two thumbs ups for this dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment