Monday, April 9, 2012

Deviled Eggs

 Happy Easter to my Log Cabin Kitchen followers!


To celebrate this year, I invited my family to my house for a pre-Easter get together on Saturday.  We had a lovely time with great people and really great food!  I thought that eggs would be an appropriate dish to make and decided upon deviled eggs as an appetizer.  Usually I make deviled eggs with Miracle Whip, honey mustard, and a sprinkling of paprika and they turn out just ok.  I saw in last month's Everyday with Rachel Ray an article titled 'Deviled Eggs 10 Ways' and used the first recipe.  


Mmmmmmmm...
I really liked this recipe because I had all the ingredients in my cupboard and fridge. Since I didn't feel like grating an onion, I used a chopped scallion instead.  I used the Dijon mustard instead of the yellow and just a little bit of hot sauce.  I actually could have put in a few more drops too because the hot sauce and sweet pickle combination was really, really good.


I used my DIY pastry bag to fill the eggs too.  There was no mess and they looked so good.  My mother could not believe how easy it was.


These deviled eggs were sp-egg-tacular!  I am so glad I followed a recipe to make them instead of winging it. I will absolutely make these egg-ain and egg-ain!  

No comments:

Post a Comment