Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Old Crocky- dusted off and ready to go!
My culinary resolution this year is dust off my crock-pot and use it more often.  I used to make dinners in my crock pot fairly often but have not in a long time.  These one pot dishes are very easy to make and are usually hearty and filling.  I hope to find, use, and write about some great slow cooker dinners this year.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to make stew in my crock-pot. To add a different twist I put in barley. This is a great way to add whole grains to your diet. Barley is rich in cholesterol lowering soluble fiber and is also higher in protein than other grains such as wheat or rice. Most of all it has a slightly sweet flavor and tastes great.

    I also started using regular carrots instead of baby carrots. Although baby carrots are more convenient because they don’t need to be peeled or sliced, the regular carrots are so much sweeter and tender when cooked. Definitely worth the little bit of extra effort and cheaper too!

    It is so nice to throw everything in the crock-pot before I leave for work and then come home at the end of the day to a delicious meal.

    ReplyDelete